Removing incomplete multipart uploads/chunks with a lifecycle policy
The backup process to AWS S3 can be interrupted for various reasons. Incomplete chunks will be stored in a bucket and additional charges can occur. There are following steps to configure bucket lifecycle policy which automatically removes uncompleted chunks.
Create a lifecycle policy
Login to your AWS account and navigate to S3 bucket.
Switch to the "Management" tab.
- Click "+ Add lifecycle rule".
- Specify the "rule name" and scope prefix. It can be a folder where you store your backups or files. Click the "Next" button.
- Do not change the "Storage class transition" options and click the "Next" button.
- Enable "Clean up incomplete multipart uploads" and specify the number of days. Click the "Next" button.
Make sure your backup plan finish before incomplete multipart uploads will be deleted.
- Review the lifecycle rule and click the "Next" button.
- New lifecycle rule will appear in the list.
Tech questions: email@example.com
Sales questions: firstname.lastname@example.org