Add users and companies to MBS in bulk
This is a custom scenario when you have many clients or you are moving from another solution to Managed Backup Services. You can import them from CSV file to MBS via Powershell script.
- Windows operation system with Windows PowerShell 3.0 or higher.
- Administrator privilages
- MBS root account credentials
Prepare files for import
- Download two files by following the links below.
- Go to MBS portal -> Settings -> General -> API 2.0 Credentials -> Change Credentials
- Generate new API credentials and copy them. We need them for Powershell file.
- Open Users.csv with Excel or OpenOffice. Make sure you use comma as a separator.
4.1 Add user information.
Email, Password and Enabled columns are required.
4.2 Companies, specified for users, will be created automatically or assigned if already exists.
4.3 Use semicolon to separate notification emails for user.
4.4 Save file as CSV.
5. Open Import-Users.ps1 for editing with any text editor.
5.1 Insert User and Password, which you saved on step 3, between double quotation marks.
$User = "" $Pass = ""
5.2 Specify the path to csv file.
$UserFile = "C:\Path\Users.csv"
Run script in Powershell
- Run Powershell as administrator
- Allow running scripts by Set-ExecutionPolicy -ExecutionPolicy RemoteSigned command.
- Change directory to where you store scripts.
- Run Powershell script by .\Import-Users.ps1 command.
- As a result of importing users, script shows user ID or error message.
Tech questions: email@example.com
Sales questions: firstname.lastname@example.org